Director of Marketing Growth
Starry is reinventing how people connect to and experience the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. The team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to Starry’s Chief Marketing Officer, you will be responsible for the strategy, execution, and team management of all growth and acquisition efforts across our organization. Your ultimate aim will be to create a growth machine - a predictable, high-volume stream of new and profitable Starry customers.
Your focus will be on analytical work, with a laser-focus on ROI. Our ideal candidate will have led these efforts previously and will be comfortable building and scaling our growth strategy. You have great communication skills and value working autonomously but collaboratively across product, marketing, creative, engineering, and sales. And finally, you’ll care about segments and cohorts because you know that different consumers will respond to different messages.
- Lead and execute on Starry’s growth and customer acquisition strategy as we expand into new and existing markets
- Own and manage all digital marketing channels (SEM, SEO, CRO, paid/organic social, affiliate, influencer) and offline planning (direct mail, print, OOH)
- Oversee and nurture multiple team functions including a centralized growth/acquisition team, regional marketing teams, and a data/analytics team (currently ~20 team members across 4 cities)
- Relentlessly innovate, improve, and build successful customer acquisition strategies across both B2B and B2C businesses
- Run acquisition budget and growth forecast for the business based on marketing spend, transactions, CAC, revenue, AOV, and ROAS
- Implement a test and learn methodology and best practices with teams
- Stay current with advances in online marketing, new channels, and technologies in order to drive new growth
- Oversee brand integrity across channel and platform, ensuring that all creative communications meet brand guidelines (visually, verbally, tonally and behaviorally)
- Direct the architecture, design, and implementation of marketing data sets and API tooling from various data sources (ie. Mongo, AdWords, Facebook, Salesforce)
- Work with Engineering team to develop ETL processes for consistent extraction and storage of marketing dependent data (website events, form submissions, salesforce lead activities, spend & marketing performance from 3rd party advertising platforms such as adwords, facebook and twitter)
- Curate and leverage positioning and messaging that differentiates Starry to targeted segments and personas
- Ensure Starry’s core value proposition is presented consistently across all campaigns and creative content
- Ideate and execute rigorous A/B testing to achieve consistent optimization and improvement in marketing campaign performance
- Drive innovation in process, automation, and scalability of Starry’s marketing programs
- Proven track record in building innovative customer acquisition strategies and execution for rapidly growing companies
- Familiarity with Analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Omniture) and/or CRMs
- Advanced Excel skills or experience with statistical analysis tools such as SQL, R, Matlab, Stata, or Python
- Deep understanding of web-based data and metrics with a track record of distilling actionable insights from data
- Experience building advanced CPA, CAC, and ROI models
- Ability to build and lead a robust strategy across multiple channels including but not limited to SEO/SEM, display and remarketing, social media, mobile, and affiliate programs for multiple audiences in a fast paced environment
- Acute understanding of data and analytics and how to effectively apply learning in real-time to improve performance
- Understanding of how to best leverage tools such as Screaming Frog, SEMRush, Moz, Google Trends, Kenshoo, Marin Software, DFA/DCM/DBM, Google Adwords, AdWords Editor, Facebook Power Editor, Google Tag Manager, and more
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior leaders and executive management
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence and manage multiple teams with excitement to reach milestones
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We offer:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks on Friday during our weekly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks always on hand
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.