GIS Data Analyst Intern
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
- Develop the acquisition, mapping, and geospatial analysis of municipal datasets across U.S. markets
- Perform quality control of GIS data, including review of data for completeness and accuracy, data scrubbing, and identifying and correcting errors or omissions in the data
- Create clear and sharp thematic maps used in presentations and reports
- Propose new mapping techniques to process and visualize data more efficiently
- Document sources and process of data acquisition for each jurisdiction and market
- Extract demographic information of the underlying population and potential customers, and assist in market optimization studies
- Experience using MapInfo or ArcGIS databases and mapping
- Ability to build tools and manipulate datasets using Python and SQL
- Understanding of key concepts and principles of geospatial data management, database structure, geoprocessing, and cartographic design
- Municipal experience with city or state datasets especially related to property
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Geography, or GIS-related field
- Knowledge of legal land use and descriptions; GIS and databases related to city planning and operations; commercial and residential real estate
- Diverse geographic experience across Top 20 U.S. metropolitan markets
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.