Who we're looking for:
Starry is looking for a tech-savvy Construction Manager who wants to help us redefine how users access the internet. You will act as the face of Starry Internet to building owners and internet users, and be responsible for driving our infrastructure projects by leveraging your knowledge of formal construction management methodologies.
Reporting to the Director of Network Service Delivery, you will provide continued management and support for the design, construction, and deployment of Multi Dwelling Units (MDUs) in support of building Starry’s network and internet services. The Construction Manager will be responsible for the supervision and management of field crews for assigned MDU projects. You’ll also be accountable for managing the overall deployment, including scope, cost, safety, quality, schedule, implementation, and customer satisfaction.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure construction work complies with drawings, engineering standards, codes, specifications, and design instructions
- Work cooperatively with construction and project teams
- Manage and motivate team members and contractors through regular communication and collaboration
- Assist with the review of contractor bids and project specific vendor awards
- Provide on-time and high-quality construction planning and execution
- Supervise construction progress; ensure construction adheres to quality standards and forecasted completion dates
- Develop Method of Procedure (MOPs) for each project and review these with the Project Manager prior to project commencement
- Maintain accurate and timely daily construction reports, including activities, quality, and any escalated issues
- Support the resolution of project issues and track progress updates
- Oversee quality control deliverables: enforce quality standards through regular inspections, ensuring design standards are adhered to and follow through on any corrective actions
- Interface with the Project Manager to complete projects, clarify project status, and meet customer needs
- Create and deliver project as-builts and turn over package to Operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technology, or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of experience in a technology, project, or construction management role
- Proven ability to multi-task with a high attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- MUST be hands-on and able to roll up their sleeves
- Comfortable working in a small team or startup, and sometimes ambiguous or fluid environments
- Strong communicator and influencer with a record of accomplishment of delivering on-time concurrent projects
- Able to effectively manage resources and track and complete projects before scheduled deadlines
- Experience in new site development construction, fiber construction, wireless infrastructure, or telecom construction management preferred
- Technology expertise: telecommunications, infrastructure cabling, wireless, Layer 2 and 3 technologies, Ethernet, IP Transit, Wi-Fi, structure, and building architecture
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs regularly, respond quickly to avoid or mitigate potentially dangerous situations, move safely over uneven terrain, safely climb ladders while carrying up to 40 lbs, and work outdoors in extreme weather
- Must adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and wear personal protective gear properly
- Must be able to bustle about, bend, squat, or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Experience in process and implementation management in a technology company
- Prior customer-facing experience is highly desired
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks on Friday during our weekly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks always on hand
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.