We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a Marketing Coordinator for our Washington, D.C. market. You will be tasked with helping to coordinate and execute Starry’s local field marketing efforts. You should enjoy working collaboratively with other teams, including Sales and Creative, to ensure business objectives are met. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, you will contribute to the success of the Starry brand by providing support to the Washington, D.C. marketing team. Our ideal candidate is a positive, self-starter who is confident, well spoken, and eager to learn.
What you’ll do:
- Define objective and messaging for field marketing events, and see events through from inception to execution
- Effectively communicate brand messaging to consumers, property managers, and stakeholders
- Represent Starry and sign up subscribers at marketing events
- Work collaboratively with internal teams and external vendors to achieve acquisition results
- Assist with marketing activity reporting to assess effectiveness
- Support ongoing initiatives to foster a community; convert and engage new subscribers
- Travel throughout the market and be available to work some night and weekend events
- BA or BS degree required
- 1-3 years experience; event or field marketing experience preferred
- Positive outlook and ability to hustle
- Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to interact with potential customers face to face
- Ability to communicate effectively to business stakeholders, team, and partners
- Passion and enthusiasm for events and people
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the positions such as bustling about, standing, bending, and sitting for the duration of your shift
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.