Inventory & Logistics Manager
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven. We value each other’s contributions and we don’t hire jerks.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a Logistics/Warehouse/Supply Chain to join our growing team. The this is a hands on role that will grow as Starry grows. You will be responsible for ordering all required materials including radios, cables, wiring, SFPs, GAMS, switches, fittings, end user equipment, etc. In addition to ordering equipment, you will also be responsible for tracking the Starry equipment inventory from purchase to placement in the field (i.e. tracking equipment and materials issued from the warehouse to the technician, and ultimately to the building and consumer). You will perform cycle counts with the technicians to ensure all equipment is properly accounted for. You will maintain inventory based upon forecasted needs to ensure adequate parts on hand and long lead time components are in stock. You will help set up system for efficient tracking and management of all equipment.
As Logistics/Supply Chain Manager, you will have the additional responsibility to coordinate with installers to optimize parts into "kits" for ease of design, ordering and management. You will ensure field technicians have adequate supplies for daily jobs and dispatch. You will coordinate with the dispatch team to ensure daily inventory requirements on met and distributed. You will restock all unused equipment and track per inventory management. You will account for all assigned tools and equipment for field technicians and contractors to ensure proper capital management and responsibility.
What you’ll do:
- Purchase, inventory, issue, and track all materials for the local team
- Coordinate with shipping and receiving of parts from multiple delivery carriers on a daily basis.
- Set up a warehouse/organized storage for materials; set up check in/check out tracking and tools;
- Stock warehouse as necessary
- Perform cycle counts to ensure levels on hand are correct and verify all equipment is accounted for properly
- Oversee RMA and warranty work
- Oversee the process of cleaning returned equipment and making it available to return to the field
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with all team members and support them to be successful
- Perform your work in a professional manner
- Work closely with all teams to ensure their materials requirements are met
- Strive to perform work quickly, accurately, and cost effectively and teach future staff to share these same quidding principals
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Hands-on experience in all aspects of warehousing, including purchasing, inventory management systems, cycle counts, min/max levels, inventory turnover
- Thorough understanding of min/max levels, lead times, and forecasting to keep the operation completing work with minimal interruptions due to shortage of materials
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of inventory software; prior experience with NetSuite is a plus
- Prior telecommunications, wireless radio and/or ethernet network materials management is a plus
- Comfortable working in a small team or startup, and sometimes ambiguous or fluid environments
- Proven "hands-on" team player with a desire to excel
- Demonstrate the desire and ability to quickly grasp new things quickly
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs regularly, respond quickly to avoid or mitigate potentially dangerous situations, move safely over uneven terrain, safely climb ladders while carrying up to 40 lbs, and work outdoors in extreme weather
- Must adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and wear personal protective gear properly
- Must be able to bustle about, bend, squat, or stand for prolonged periods of time
Bonus points for:
- Start up experience
- NetSuite expertise
- Telecommunications equipment handling
- Consumer dispatch support
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.