Starry Expert - Team Lead
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is looking for a tech-savvy Team Lead to support our Field Experts. You will help us redefine how our subscribers access the internet while acting as the face of Starry Internet to building owners and internet subscribers.
Reporting to the Manager of Subscriber Services, you will provide leadership to the Field Experts while providing excellent customer service through the installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and upgrades of Starry’s products and equipment that deliver service to our subscribers.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as point of escalation and Team Lead for our Field Experts
- Assist in the training and ongoing mentoring and support of team members
- Verify Multi Dwelling Unit (MDU) installations and communicate necessary information to Manager and Field Experts
- Work cross-functionally with our Engineering and Operations teams to ensure proper site documentation and handoff procedures so that our Field Experts are fully prepared on their first installs at any building
- Monitor supply levels to maintain an accurate inventory of stock and communicate needs to warehouse
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, replace, and upgrade network components
- Wow customers with respect, courtesy, and professionalism at all times
- Assist in the management of the Field Experts team by ensuring adherence to work and on-call schedules
- Proven leadership experience and the ability to build and manage a team
- Technological expertise in telecommunications, infrastructure cabling, wireless, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi, fields
- Must have effective interpersonal skills to interact successfully with reporting personnel, customers, management, and peers
- Must be familiar with twisted pair, fiber, and coax installation methods and color coding conventions
- Attention to detail and strong organizational and time management skills to assign work to team and ensure we’re maximizing the skills and time of our team
- Not afraid to be hands-on and willing to roll up your sleeves on any tasks necessary to get the job done
- Prior consumer-facing experience
- Comfortable working in a small team or startup, and sometimes ambiguous or fluid environments
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs regularly, respond quickly to avoid or mitigate potentially dangerous situations, move safely over uneven terrain, safely climb ladders while carrying up to 40 lbs, work in extreme weather, and wear personal protective gear correctly
- Must be able to adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and wear personal protective gear correctly
- Must be able to bustle about, bend, squat, or stand for prolonged periods of time
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.