Starry Expert - Intern
Starry is looking for tech-savvy, intellectually curious individuals who want to help us redefine the way that end users access the internet. If you feel that the cable internet industry is long overdue for a technology disruption and you own more IoT devices than you know what to do with, you’re probably one of us.
As a Starry Expert Intern, you will assist with bringing Starry Internet to our customers: setting them up for success with their new Starry Station router, providing a “white glove” level of service to help them connect their internet ready devices, and being able to explain in simple, easy to understand terms how our wireless broadband internet service works.
This position will help to develop your time management skills, troubleshooting skills, and ability to juggle multiple projects at once. In addition to being punctual, you will develop your customer interaction skills. You must enjoy learning new things, be a self-starter, and effectively interact with others.
What You'll Do:
- Assist with installation and activation of Starry Internet services for new customers
- Learn to properly wire a customer to the Starry Internet infrastructure using coax, phone lines, or ethernet
- Identify, investigate, and resolve device and network specific issues at point of installation; think everything from helping get a wireless printer connected to making sure there’s no interruptions when streaming or gaming
- Educate customers on how to operate the equipment after setup and installation to ensure their long-term success with the service
- Must be a current student at an accredited college, university, or technical/vocational school or program
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs regularly, respond quickly to avoid or mitigate potentially dangerous situations, move safely over uneven terrain, safely climb ladders while carrying up to 40 lbs, work in extreme weather, and wear personal protective gear correctly
- Must be able to adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and wear personal protective gear correctly
- Must be able to bustle about, bend, squat, or stand for prolonged periods of time
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.