Senior Financial Analyst
Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and working here you’ll be able to see your direct impact. At Starry, you’ll have the opportunity to develop and grow your skill sets. Our team is hard working, fast, and collaborative, and we encourage independence. There will be many opportunities to collaborate with other departments, and you’ll be able to interact with incredibly talented people.
Who we’re looking for:
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated, highly analytical individual who is ready to “own” a piece of our growing finance team and quickly add value to a fast-paced environment. Working directly with our Head of Finance, frequently interacting with our CEO, this position will have cross-functional exposure within our rapidly expanding company.
What you’ll do:
- Build financial infrastructure for financings and other key activities (models, reporting, analysis, etc.)
- Lead process for annual budget and quarterly financial forecasts
- Perform monthly budget-to-actual variance analysis
- Provide seamless, cohesive analyses and report to senior leaders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; MBA preferred
- Power Excel user with superior modeling skills
- Experience with hardware-centric businesses
- Confident presence with ability to adapt communication style to the audience
- Prior experience working in/with fast-paced, venture-backed companies
Bonus points for…
- Experience with Telecom, Cable, or Wireless industries
- Investment banking background
- Experience using NetSuite
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks on Friday during our monthly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks always on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.