Responsible for Inventory Purchasing and Control
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven. We value each other’s contributions and we don’t hire jerks.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a Warehouse Manager to join our growing team. You will be responsible for ordering materials, including: radios, cables, wiring, SFPs, GAMS, switches, fittings, etc. In addition to ordering equipment, you will also be responsible for tracking the Starry equipment inventory from purchase to placement in the field (i.e., tracking equipment and materials issued from the warehouse to the technician, and ultimately to the building. You will perform cycle counts with the technicians to ensure all equipment is properly accounted for.
As Warehouse Manager you will have the additional responsibility to oversee racking, stacking, and provisioning of equipment (radios, switches, and GAMS), as well as testing said equipment. Over time you will perfect this provisioning process to minimize installation intervals for the technicians and company. The goal is for you to prep the Implementation Technicians for the job site with a fully functioning rack of equipment, so he/she can quickly complete a building installation. Because of your expertise, you will also provide training to field Technicians, so they can provision in the field as required.
You must have a thorough understanding of min/max levels, lead times, and forecasting so that you can keep the operation completing work with minimal interruptions due to shortage of materials. Prior wireless radio and/or ethernet network materials management is a plus. You must demonstrate the desire and ability to quickly grasp new ideas quickly.
What you’ll do:
- Purchases, inventory, issue, and track all materials for the local team
- Perform cycle counts to ensure levels on hand are correct and verify all equipment is accounted for properly
- Oversee RMA and warrantee work
- Oversee the process of cleaning returned equipment and making it available to return to the field
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with all team members and support them to be successful
- Perform your work in a professional manner
- Work closely with all teams to ensure their materials requirements are met
- Strive to perform work quickly, accurately, and cost effectively and teach future staff to share these same quiding principals.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience with wireless system deployments (PMP, PTP, mobile)
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of inventory software; prior experience with NetSuite is a plus
- Hands-on experience in all aspects of warehousing, including: purchasing, inventory management systems, cycle counts, min/max levels, inventory turnover
- Comfortable working in a small team or startup, and sometimes ambiguous or fluid environments
- Proven team player with a desire to excel
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs regularly, respond quickly to avoid or mitigate potentially dangerous situations, move safely over uneven terrain, safely climb ladders while carrying up to 40 lbs, and work outdoors in extreme weather
- Must adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and wear personal protective gear properly
- Must be able to bustle about, bend, squat, or stand for prolonged periods of time
Additional beneficial experience may include:
- Understanding of RF propagation theory is a plus
- Limited experience with RF planning tool outputs (Siradel, Atoll, Planet, or IBwave) and GIS tools (MapInfo or ArcView)
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We offer:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Breakfast on Monday during our weekly company meeting
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.