Human Resources Administrator
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally, and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and working here you’ll be able to see your direct impact. At Starry, we reward autonomy and creativity; you’ll have the opportunity to develop your creative ideas. Our team is hard working, fast, and collaborative and we encourage working on personal growth. There will be many opportunities to collaborate with other departments and you’ll be able to interact with incredibly talented people.
Who we’re looking for:
Self-motivated: always looking for ways to do something better; forward thinking planner
Autonomous: scrappy and able to deal with the ambiguity typical of an early-stage company
Emotionally intelligent: empathetic; strong communicator; genuinely interested in human behavior; enjoys collaborating with multiple personality types
Organized: strong prioritization skills with an affinity for multitasking and the minute details
Creative: energized by new problems to solve, always coming up with new ideas and looking for ways to implement them
What you’ll do:
- Pre-hire and post-hire operations, including background checks
- Onboard new hires including welcome emails, I-9s, orientation, and uniform and swag set-up
- Work with Office Managers for office access and security policy sign-offs
- Own benefits administration
- Compile and update employee records
- Assist with coordinating trainings, surveys and compliance
- Provide explanations of policies and procedures to employees
- Track hourly employees PTO and sick time accruals
- Assist with events such as open enrollment and career fairs
- Support employee wellness initiatives
- Submit employee information in HRIS and ensure proper workflow into payroll
- Support daily HR activities and support HR related projects
- 3+ years of human resources experience with at least 1 year of experience working in a fast paced startup environment
- Being ready to hit the ground running
- Hands on HRIS experience
- Exposure to labor law
- Flexible and comfortable with occasional travel to remote offices and recruiting events, approximately 5-10%
Bonus Points if..
- You’ve worked with Google Suite
- You have a sense of humor
- You have an affinity for office botany
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday
- Wine, beer, and snacks always on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.