Sales Development Manager
Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you’ll love working here:
Starry, Inc. is looking for an energetic, self-starter to join our Los Angeles Sales team as Sales Development Manager (SDM). If you are empathetic, curious, and goal-oriented, come join us change the way the world connects to the internet.
Starry’s Sales team is a tightly-knit group of individuals who value collaboration, problem solving, and succeeding as a team. The SDM will play a key role in the success of the Sales group. You will help Territory Development Managers and Commercial Development Managers maximize their efficiency and effectiveness by identifying and pre-qualifying buildings that would be ideal candidates for Starry’s internet service.
What you’ll do:
As the Sales Development Manager, you will act as the tip of the sales spear: interacting with residents and building owners that are interested in bringing Starry Internet to their properties. You will be wholly responsible for managing and qualifying a steady stream of both inbound marketing-qualified leads and outbound sales-qualified leads. In addition to managing leads, you will also be required to devote a portion of your schedule to prospecting within buildings that Starry is interested in serving. You will also work hand in hand with the Los Angeles Marketing team to refine messaging and identify new and inventive ways to reach potential customers.
The Sales Development Manager is a strategic role reporting directly to the Director of Sales. A large portion of the duties required of the SDM focus on customer discovery techniques and creating value propositions that directly speak to a customer’s needs, problems, and goals. By working closely with other members of the Sales team, the SDM will have the opportunity to follow deals from start to finish, learning the most important aspects of running an effective sales process.
- Receive and qualify inbound leads arriving via email and live phone calls
- Manage and work a funnel of outbound leads through phone call and email outreach
- Achieve and exceed weekly meeting and prospective unit goals
- Provide prospects with a fantastic introductory experience to Starry
- Effectively and seamlessly handoff deals to Territory Development Managers and Commercial Development Managers
- Collaborate with Marketing to iterate on existing messaging to drive more inbound traffic
- Participate in Starry outreach and launch events
- Prospect and research
- BA or BS degree
- Great listening skills with a focus on empathy and curiosity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 1-2 years of inside sales experience
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding goals
- Ability to persevere in the face of adversity or uncertainty
- Fantastic note taking and record keeping skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce or any other CRM
Bonus points for:
- Conversational in any other language
- Extra bonus points if those languages happen to be Spanish or Korean
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We offer:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Breakfast on Monday during our weekly company meeting
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.