Fiber Network Project Manager
We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
What you’ll do:
You will help plan, acquire, build, and launch the Starry network throughout the United States. You will be responsible for aspects of the fiber network including design, construction, installation, site turn up, and site growth. You will work closely with the RF Planning, GIS, Marketing, Network, and Deployment teams to identify, acquire, and deliver the necessary fiber assets or lit services to help build the Starry network. Our ideal candidate will be able to successfully deliver fiber assets as part of a fast developing network strategy and buildout nationally and regionally.
You will be responsible for setting up process structures and methods to manage the procurement of fiber assets on an aggressive schedule, from survey to vendor selection and final delivery. You will leverage established playbooks and also create new ones. Our ideal candidate will have their finger on the pulse of Starry’s culture and values and be able to propagate them.
- BA/BS degree, ideally in a technical discipline, with equivalent practical experience
- 8-10 years experience in leading multiple concurrent and highly visible projects, and also delivering successful fiber based networks
- A history of working with network/fiber service providers in OSP/ISP
- Knowledge of datacenter, telco fiber/lit services (ordering and installation): colocation, rack and power (AC and DC), fiber, ethernet, and permitting
- Familiarity with network design as it pertains to metro and long-haul fiber networks, with protection, redundancy and diversity, and Optical Power Budgeting
- Experienced in fiber qualification, OTDR, PMD, CD testing and analysis
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple vendors on very aggressive timelines to deliver to issued FOC dates
- Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing, tracking, and communicating progress and key performance indicators (KPIs) to Management Team
- Strong bias for action, and sense of pace and urgency - a proven track record of delivering aggressive deadlines on time and on budget
- Extraordinary ability to multitask
- Excellent analytical and data-based decision making skills
Bonus points if..
- You have extensive prior experience developing greenfield and growth sites for major carriers in the fiber backbone and metro/regional spaces
- You have xperience in a fast growth, high volume, start-up environment
- You hold PMP certification
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
- You have outstanding shuffleboard skills
We work hard, so we take care of our team members and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks during our monthly company meeting
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.