Dispatcher - Starry Field Experts Team
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven. We value each other’s contributions.
Starry is looking for an experienced Dispatcher to join the Field Experts team. The Dispatcher will be responsible for managing all aspects of the customer installations and service repair calendar.
Who You Are:
- You have great judgment and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced, startup environment
- You have an extraordinary ability to multitask
- You’re extremely process oriented and love using your organizing skills to help teams run more efficiently
What you’ll do:
- Manage day to day installation appointments and calendar for the WDC Market
- Monitor calendars and proactively reach out to customers when scheduling conflicts arise
- In conjunction with the Field Operations Manager, ensure adequate staffing to meet appointment demand, and that each job is assigned in a way that ensures maximum efficiency for our Field Experts and Contractors
- Serve as first point of contact for all Field Experts when scheduling issues arise or follow up appointments are required
- Ensure Field Experts know which equipment they will need for their installation appointments and that all building access and other information is up-to-date and accessible
- Ensure new employees are properly on-boarded with Starry equipment and uniforms/gear
- Work closely with the Director of Customer Care to ensure customer communication expectations are met and the support team is aware of any customer issues at the end of every appointment
- Assist in reporting on Field Operations metrics like timeliness, amount of rescheduled appointments, and CSAT data
- Coordinate with Marketing team for special events, pilots, building launches, instant install appointments for building events on an as needed basis
- Coordinate with Warehouse/Logistics team to ensure installers have proper tools and equipment available to make installations successful
- 2+ years prior experience working as a dispatcher managing a field team, an operations coordinator, or in customer service
- Experience in a fast growth, high volume, startup environment
- Ability to work independently and proactively
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.