Construction Manager of Vertical Assets National Team
We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
Who we're looking for:
Starry is looking for a tech-savvy Construction Manager who wants to help us redefine how users access the internet. You will be responsible for driving our infrastructure projects by leveraging your knowledge of formal construction management methodologies.
Reporting to the Director of Vertical Assets - National, you will drive the construction and deployment of Vertical Assets in support of building Starry’s network and internet services. The Construction Manager will be responsible for the supervision and management of internal and contractor field crews for assigned Vertical Asset projects. You’ll be accountable for managing the overall deployment, including scope, cost, safety, quality, schedule, and implementation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure construction work complies with drawings, engineering standards, codes, specifications, and design instructions
- Work cooperatively with construction and project teams
- Manage and motivate team members and contractors through regular communication and collaboration
- Assist with the review of contractor bids and project specific vendor awards
- Provide on-time and high quality construction planning and execution
- Supervise construction progress; ensure construction adheres to quality standards and forecasted completion dates
- Develop Scope of Work (SOW) for each project and review these with the Project Manager prior to project commencement
- Maintain accurate and timely daily construction reports, including activities, quality, and any escalated issues
- Support the resolution of project issues and track progress updates
- Oversee quality control deliverables: enforce quality standards through regular inspections, ensuring design standards are adhered to, and follow through on any corrective actions
- Interface with the Project Manager to complete projects, clarify project status, and meet customer needs
- Create and deliver project as-builts and turn over package to Operations
- Assist Project Manager with permitting and zoning requirements
- Willingness and flexibility to travel up to 70%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technology, or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of experience in a technology, project, or construction management role
- Proven ability to multi-task with a high attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- MUST be hands-on and able to roll up their sleeves
- Comfortable working in a small team or startup, and sometimes ambiguous or fluid environments
- Strong communicator and influencer with a record of accomplishment of delivering on-time concurrent projects
- Able to effectively manage resources and track and complete projects before scheduled deadlines
- Experience in new site development construction, fiber construction, wireless infrastructure, or telecom construction management preferred
- Technology expertise in telecommunications, infrastructure cabling, wireless, AC/DC power, grounding, and building architecture
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs regularly, respond quickly to avoid or mitigate potentially dangerous situations, move safely over uneven terrain, safely climb ladders while carrying up to 40 lbs, and work outdoors in extreme weather
- Must adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and wear personal protective gear properly
- Must be able to bustle about, bend, squat, or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Experience in process and implementation management in a technology company
- Prior customer-facing experience is highly desired
We work hard, so we take care of our team members and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.