Director of Business Operations
Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and working here you’ll be able to see your direct impact. At Starry, you’ll have the opportunity to develop and grow your skill sets. Our team is hard working, fast and collaborative and we encourage independence. There will be many opportunities to collaborate with other departments and you’ll be able to interact with incredibly talented people.
Who we’re looking for:
Our ideal candidate is a data-driven, analytical individual who is ready to dig in and quickly add value to a fast-paced environment. Working directly with our CEO and Head of Finance, this position will have cross-functional exposure within our rapidly expanding company.
What you’ll do:
- Management of weekly KPI reporting and continuous improvement upon processes and methods to analyze business performance
- Build financial infrastructure for financings and other key activities (models, reporting, analysis, etc.)
- Go-to resource for market GMs on any high-priority business analysis strategy questions
- Work with the Supply Chain team to drive cost reductions across our equipment supply chain
- Cross-functional system integrations
- Provide seamless, cohesive analyses and reporting to senior leaders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field; MBA preferred
- Experience with hardware-centric businesses
- Superior Excel modeling skills
- Senior presence with ability to adapt communication style to the audience
Bonus points for…
- Experience with Telecom, Cable or Wireless industries
- Management Consulting or TMT analysis background
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & cocktails on Friday during our weekly company meeting
- Wine, beer, spirits, and snacks always on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.