Global Strategic Sourcing Manager, Electronics
Starry is looking for a Global Strategic Sourcing Manager, Electronics (GSSM) to help us redefine the way that end users access the internet. You will drive the development of commodity strategies for our electronic materials. Working in alignment with various stakeholders, our ideal candidate will drive key strategies for optimum sourcing. This includes supplier identification & selection, support of early supplier involvement during initial product development phases, supplier qualification, and execution of on-going cost reduction initiatives across the supply base.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive electronics supply base toward lowest total cost of ownership in consideration of vendor cost, quality, delivery, and product performance
- Work with Development Teams, Supply Chain, Test Engineering, contract manufacturers and suppliers to select electronic components that are optimized for system performance/cost, Design for Manufacturability and Design for Testability
- Ensure supply continuity working with both contract manufacturing (EMS) partners and strategic component suppliers by proactively managing component lead times and expediting materials as required
- Qualify alternate parts/suppliers to resolve sourcing or lead-time challenges and BOM cost reduction
- Work with Hardware Engineering and external contract manufacturers to address component issues
- Create sourcing strategies that align with company business objectives and product roadmap, including leading or participating in supplier selection, capability assessments, quality improvement and supplier readiness
- Ownership of detailed bill of material (BOM) and associated cost; you will drive BOM reviews with internal teams
- Add new components / maintain existing components in PLM system and process change orders as required
- Manage RFI/RFQ's, quote analysis, and negotiate commercial agreements with global suppliers
- Drive internal reviews of strategic sourcing plans including, market and vendor analysis, supplier capabilities and supply base rationalization
Experience & Skills Required:
- BS/MS Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years' experience in sourcing/procurement of electronic components
- Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) industry experience
- International business experience working globally across cultures and time zones
- Strong business acumen and analytical capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Outstanding shuffleboard skills a plus
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.