Marketing Manager, Boston
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven. We value each other’s contributions and we don’t hire jerks.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a Marketing Manager for our Greater Boston market. You’ll be acquiring new subscribers through local marketing channels as well as marketing to our existing subscriber base. Our ideal candidate will enjoy working collaboratively with other teams, including Sales and Creative, to ensure business objectives are met.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Marketing in Boston, you will contribute to the success of our brand by driving the adoption of Starry Internet throughout the Greater Boston Area. Our ideal candidate is a positive, self-starter who is confident, creative and well spoken.
Quick: whip smart and able to pick up knowledge on-the-go, you know hustle
Positive: sunny outlook and full of enthusiasm for events and people
Communicator: able to speak and write effectively and with recognition of timeliness
Organized: strong prioritization skills with an affinity for multitasking and the details
- Manage the day to day subscriber acquisition activities for our Boston market
- Manage our local partnerships to enhance offer and drive subscribers
- Identify and support our local field marketing events
- Manage relationships with local publications, press and agencies
- Design and manage subscriber marketing program
- Optimize hyper-local marketing programs with a focus on measurable performance
- Work with internal teams and external vendors to achieve results
- Implement test and learn methodologies across all programs
- Manage local social media, including Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- BA or BS degree required
- 4-6 years of relevant experience
- Performance oriented field and/or local marketing background
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
- Experience with a high growth startup
Bonus points if..
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
- You have a sense of humor
- Your shuffleboard skills are outstanding
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.