As a Product Designer, you will play an essential role in shaping Starry's digital products. Our ideal candidate is whip-smart, a self starter, and passionate about the design industry at large. You apply strategy to your craft; ensuring every project is impactful. You care just as much about form as you do function. Your work will range from the conceptual, including: wireframing, prototyping, and user research–to obsessing over the details–fine tuning icons, creating standards guides, and providing assets to the Dev team. You thrive on collaboration and are comfortable working in tandem with Developers to see your work from concept to completion on projects big and small.
What You’ll Do:
- Simplify the complex to create intuitive and delightful product experiences
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Developers, Product Managers, Copywriters, and the Marketing Team
- Develop concepts and design for a variety of products, across a broad range of platforms–including Starry Station, mobile, and web
- Produce a variety of concepts for each project, then iterate and ship them in a timely manner
Experience & Skills Required:
- BA or BS degree
- 0-4 years of relevant experience — in-house, agency or otherwise
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates design thinking and core skills across a variety of digital design formats
- Fluency with digital design software including, but not limited to, Sketch, Figma, InVision, Framer, and Adobe products
- Competency in prototyping complex UX transitions and animation
- Enthusiasm for design and technology
- Willingness to work across internal teams in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding shuffleboard skills also a plus
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.