Project Manager, Wireless Products
Starry is looking for a tech-savvy Project Manager who shares our passion for improving access to the internet. Our ideal candidate possesses domain experience in the wireless field, and a proven background managing large, complex projects ranging in project cost from > $2mm. This role will drive R&D projects from inception to transfer to manufacturing, and will coordinate with all functional areas including RF engineering, mechanical, firmware, industrial design, systems integration testing, and supply, and continue into full lifecycle management.
Reporting to the Manager of Program Management, you will help project teams succeed in delivering strategic initiatives, as part of organization-wide programs.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive software and hardware projects by planning, executing and maintaining project management processes in the areas of project schedule, resource management, quality management, communications management, risk/issue management, and change management
- Lead project teams in either Waterfall or Agile processes, ensuring adherence to schedules, costs and testing plans
- Facilitate daily cross-disciplinary communication, including product brainstorming sessions, knowledge sharing, and team risk mitigation planning
- Establish a cadence of deliverables from project team members that will culminate in completed, tested requirements and deployed solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a preferred focus in a technical field or technical communications, or with a minimum of 2 years experience managing consumer electronic devices projects
- 3+ years of project management experience using Agile and Waterfall methods
- Experience managing hardware projects with embedded software
- Ability to understand the big picture, and to forecast how details will determine big-picture outcomes
- Servant-leader approach to Project Management
Bonus points if..
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
- You have a sense of humor
- Your shuffleboard skills are outstanding
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & cocktails on Friday during our weekly company meeting
- Wine, beer, spirits, and snacks always on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.