Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and working here you’ll be able to see your direct impact. At Starry, you’ll have the opportunity to develop and grow your skill sets. Our team is hard working, fast and collaborative and we encourage independence. There will be many opportunities to collaborate with other departments and you’ll be able to interact with incredibly talented people.
Who we’re looking for:
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated, energetic individual who is ready to roll up their sleeves and quickly add value to a fast-paced environment. You will largely be responsible for the various accounting activities which are essential to maintaining the day to day GL of Starry.
Quick: whip smart and able to pick up knowledge on-the-go
Autonomous: self-motivated and able to deal with the ambiguity typical of an early-stage company
Detail oriented: able to spot irregularities in invoices or on financial reports
Organized: strong prioritization skills with an affinity for multitasking and details
What you’ll do:
- Assist with our close process (month-end, quarter-end, and year-end) including balance sheet reconciliations such as fixed assets, prepaid expenses and accruals
- Process vendor invoices and expense reports for payment
- Facilitate cash management activities, apply customer payments and reconcile cash during our month-end close
- Quarterly remote inventory inspections
- Collaborate with other teams on various projects
- Assist with annual audits and tax filings
- Assist with NetSuite implementation
- Assist in monthly financial package preparation
- Prepare monthly and ad-hoc financial reporting for senior management
Education and Qualifications Required:
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field
- 3-5 years of accounting experience including month end close and variance analysis
- 1-3 years public accounting experience
Bonus points if..
- You're a CPA or CPA candidate
- You have experience with Bill.com, Expensify, Stripe
- You’ve worked in NetSuite, QuickBooks Online or similar software
- You know the Google suite
- You have a sense of humor
- You have a positive attitude and can just roll with it
- Outstanding shuffleboard skills are also a plus
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & cocktails on Friday during our weekly company meeting
- Wine, beer, spirits, and snacks always on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.