Senior Director of Network Deployment
Starry designs, builds, and operates wireless and wired networks for single-family units, multi-dwelling units (MDU) and enterprises. We are seeking a hands-on Sr. Director of Network Deployment. Starry prides itself in managing the entire customer experience for internet delivery to the end user: from the consumer friendly Starry Station Dual Band 802.11ac router which was designed in-house, to custom networking equipment allowing us to deliver gigabit speeds over existing in-home cabling, to custom in-house designed point to multipoint wireless system for the last-mile delivery of gigabit capable wireless from a pre-5G system to a residential dwelling. In this position, you will lead and grow a team of professionals who design, estimate, construct and support wireless, in-building structural wired and WiFi networks for our MDU and enterprise applications. Your team will be responsible for developing and running a network of third-party contractors across the United States including contract negotiation, management, acceptance, and quality control.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Develop and fastidiously lead a team of sales engineering, project management, construction, and quality assurance professionals to design, construct, run, and commission in-building networks
- Source and lead a team of outside contractors, driving them to meet Starry’s expectations with respect to specifications accuracy, quality, speed, cost, and documentation
- Hire, train and groom our in-house professionals to excel in their fields and improve our organizational capability
- Provide a world-class experience for our clients: landlords, condominium boards, and enterprises
- Establish healthy relationships, negotiate contracts, and enable fulfillment of service with outside partners
- Enthusiastically and tirelessly advocate for Starry’s mission
- Work with sales / business development / marketing to quickly qualify and estimate costs in order to enable rapid service launch
- Collaborate with RF Network Design and Network Operations to ensure uneventful and satisfying service initiation
- Provide hands-on management of the most complex projects: leading by personally taking on any difficult problems
- You will be based in Boston and willing to travel up to 35%
- Mentor and coach of members of staff, setting goals and effective checkpoints
- Moderate physical activity to fulfill operational goals
Experience and Education Required:
- BS in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of experience with an internet service provider with in-building low voltage construction experience OR 5+ years in DAS construction
- CCNP or equivalent experience
- Experience with networking and routing
- You will have a proven optimistic and enthusiastic leadership style
- 5 years or more of indefatigable field leadership
- Certified Project Management Professional
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Real passion for Starry’s business
- Outstanding shuffleboard skills a plus
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.