Senior RF Test Engineer
We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is looking for a Senior RF Test Engineer to work on our unique consumer facing products. Our ideal candidate will take ownership of test development and production support through the entire product life-cycle – concept, engineering development, verification testing, new product introduction, and production through end of life. You should be proficient using RF testing principles and have an understanding of manufacturing and testing practices.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Developing detailed test plans, test procedures, and test result documents
- Automating RF test and measurement setups for developmental and production environments
- Contributing to design engineering reviews to improve test coverage and vertical testability
- Leading technical test projects in support of product development or test technology development
- Performing ad hoc testing as required
- Supporting global manufacturing and integration footprint
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or other related technical degree
- Strong understanding of RF and microwave principles
- Experience with the use of equipment for testing of RF and microwave components
- Proficiency with programming in one or more languages such as LabView, Python, C/C++, C# or Visual Basic
- Knowledge of operation of amplifiers, mixers, oscillators, and transceivers
- Capable of designing and documenting overall test strategies or test systems for system, subsystem, and component level testing
- Willing to travel up to 10%
- Knowledge and experience using Litepoint or Keysight equipment to test WiFi products
- Experience with hardware integration and testing
- Knowledge of 802.11 WiFi Physical Layer a plus
- Experience releasing a new product from NPI phase to mass production
- Experience with working with Tier 1 EMS or CM
- Outstanding shuffleboard skills a plus
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.