Senior Software Engineer
- Collaborate with a small team of developers working on mid-/low-level software driving consumer facing services.
- Responsibilities include architecture definition, implementation, debugging, production deployment and support/maintenance.
- Development predominantly done in C++, Python, and C, using a combination of Starry developed hardware, firmware, RF technology and components developed by our manufacturing partners
- Work with Hardware, RF and ID teams to design and architect the next generation products for the Wifi product set.
- BS or MS in Computer, Electrical or Software engineering or equivalent discipline/experience
- Minimum of six years experience in product related environment
- Comfortable working in a small team, and sometimes ambiguous or fluid environments
- Knowledge/use/understanding of Linux
- Understanding of networking fundamentals and configuration
- Proficient in C++, Python, and C
- Experience using git for source control
- Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
- Experience with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac standards and protocols
- Working with customer issues and customer support
- Understanding of millimeter wave and/or other RF technologies
- Familiar with asynchronous programming concepts
- Real time development and debugging skills
- Experience building distributed systems
- A drive to learn new languages and technologies
- Outstanding shuffleboard skills or craft beer interests a plus
What You’ll be Doing:
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.