Supply Chain Program Manager
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things: first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and working here you’ll be able to see your direct impact. At Starry, we reward autonomy and creativity; you’ll have the opportunity to develop your creative ideas. Our team is hard working, fast and collaborative and we encourage working on personal growth. There will be many opportunities to collaborate with other departments and you’ll be able to interact with incredibly talented people.
Who you are:
The Supply Chain team at Starry is responsible for the manufacturing operations, procurement, testing, QA and supply chain management of all products available to customers globally. As the Supply Chain Program Manager, you’ll oversee all strategic and operational aspects of materials acquisition and execution from external manufacturing partners for Starry. Major program management responsibilities include external partner relationships, materials management throughout the product life cycle, and commercial management of contract manufacturing operations (product cost, excess & obsolete materials, asset/tooling management). You’ll also play a key leadership role for new product launches including supply chain set-up and execution, from project initiation through volume production.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead and execute contract manufacturing operations (order management, delivery, material planning, RMAs) through external manufacturing partners and component suppliers, as required, to ensure supply continuity
- Develop and execute processes that enable a reliable, cost effective and flexible contract manufacturing (CM) supply chain network including the creation of rolling forecasts to aid in establishing CM production schedules and capacity planning needs
- Actively manage compliance to established contract manufacturing cost structures for complex box build products including materials, direct labor, overhead, and other manufacturing related costs
- Mitigate material shortages based on production schedule requirements while minimizing excess & obsolete material (E&O) and unfavorable cost variances (PPV)
- Create alignment with Starry’s preferred supplier base in conjunction with Strategic Sourcing, including:
- Management of tooling kick-off for custom mechanical components and the ramp execution/hand-off to the CM
- Driving supply chain readiness for NPI launches and ensure seamless transition into Mass Production (MP)
- Coordination with external CM and Engineering identification of second sources to prevent future material shortages, monitor obsolescence risks and assess Last Time Buy opportunity costs
- Lead supply-demand balancing efforts (S&OP) to ensure timely product availability, minimize supply chain and inventory costs for key product lines, and build internal cross-functional alignment
Experience and skills required:
- BS/MS in Business, Supply Chain, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5-10 years of experience in global and complex (electronics) manufacturing procurement or supply chain management, including experience managing outsourced manufacturing
- Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) industry experience required
- Experience analyzing and querying data to harvest insights and develop data-driven decisions (advanced MS Excel skills)
- International business experience working globally across cultures and time zones
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level; proficiency in Mandarin a plus
Bonus points if..
- You have a real passion for Starry’s business
- Outstanding shuffleboard skills are also a plus
Starry works hard, so we take care of each other and enjoy ourselves along the way. Check out some of the benefits you’ll enjoy if you join the team:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & cocktails on Friday during our weekly company meeting
- Wine, beer, spirits, and snacks always on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.