Systems Integration and Validation Engineer
- HW component characterization and verification: SIV engineers collaborate with the RF, HW and SW teams during development to test the component blocks that comprise our systems.
- SW build verification and regression testing: SIV engineers develop automated regression tests and run them against each major release of our system software.
- Full system validation: SIV engineers develop automated tests to validate system functionality during the prototype and manufacturing stages. This work involves understanding the operation of the complete system in order to be able configure all parameters and execute usage scenarios.
- Investigation of system-level behaviors and issues: Leveraging all of the skills described above, experienced SIV engineers are uniquely qualified to drill down into the entire system in order to find the source of (and often solution to) challenging problems. This work is often the most critical activity going on in the company.
- Participate in the design, development, execution and automation of end-to-end system-level and functional component-level tests for Starry's Wifi and Internet products
- Evaluate test specifications, requirements, strategies and methodologies for Starry's wifi and wireless internet service and systems
- Define and refine the company’s software testing best practices and quality standards
- Verify that the solution adheres to system/functional requirements
- Work closely with the development engineering team to identify. non-conformances and system/software defects; and verify that the solution meets the quality criteria
- Develop and execute test plans and procedures using manual, semi-automated, and automated techniques, and system test harnesses
- Test system reliability, scalability, load and throughput
- Develop and enhance test automation suites and test harnesses
- Be able to clearly summarize test results and communicate release status
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering or other related discipline
- 3-5 years (or more) in Systems Integration/Validation roles or similar (e.g. Development, QA)
- Proficiency with Python, Networking, Wifi, Bash, Linux
- Experience with source control and defect tracking systems (Github, Jira, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of IEEE 802.11n/ac/ad, 3G/4G/5G wireless communications standards and protocols
- Experience with an automated system test suite or harness
- Experience with electronics and related test equipment (e.g. Oscilloscope)
- Experience with RF systems concepts and related test equipment (e.g. Spectrum Analyzer)
- Experience with wireless communications protocols and analysis via Wireshark or equivalent
- Experience with C/C++
- Inclination to tinker with electronics, e.g. Raspberry PI, custom Android ROMs, etc.
- Outstanding shuffleboard skills a plus
About Starry’s Technology:
Starry is inventing a cohesive system that brings the Internet to your home and distributes it throughout your home -- all wirelessly. We have been selling finished consumer Wifi products for over a year and we are beginning to deploy finished wireless Internet systems in Boston with other markets following shortly. We are constantly working to optimize the performance and reliability of our technology.
About the Systems Integration and Validation Team:
The Systems Integration and Validation team plays a critical role in the development of our technology. SIV Engineers provide four main functions:
What You’ll be Doing:
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.