Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and working here you’ll be able to see your direct impact. At Starry, we reward autonomy and creativity; you’ll have the opportunity to develop your creative ideas. Our team is hard working, fast and collaborative. There will be many opportunities to collaborate with other departments and you’ll be able to interact with incredibly talented people.
As Talent Acquisition Coordinator, you’ll play an essential role in shaping the feel of our daily recruiting operations. Our ideal candidate is a positive self starter who’s keen on multitasking. Working directly with our internal recruiters and hiring managers, our preferred candidate is motivated, very reliable and will assist with scheduling interviews, phone screens and performing reference checks. We’re looking for someone who has a particular attention to detail and thrives in a fast paced environment.
Who we’re looking for:
Organized: strong prioritization skills with an affinity for multitasking and the details
Reliable: responsive, available and present
Self-motivated: always looking for ways to do something better; forward thinking planner
Autonomous: scrappy and able to deal with the ambiguity typical of an early-stage company
Quick: whip-smart and able to pick up knowledge on-the-go, you know hustle
What you’ll do:
- Communicate with candidates and schedule their interviews and phone screens
- Manage and update candidates in our ATS
- Greet interviewees and get them settled in; ensure that their interviews run smoothly
- Help coordinate (and attend!) both in-office and off-site recruiting events, including career fairs
- Work with internal teams on various promotional items for career fairs and events
- Help to format and proofread job descriptions before they go live
- Post our roles on external job boards, including college boards
- Track hiring metrics, communicate with internal team members
- Special projects as necessary
- 1-2 years of recruiting or HR administrative experience (start-up preferred)
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail is an absolute must
- Excellent customer service for both internal and external “customers”
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and focus
- Professionalism and polish
Bonus points If..
- Your prior experience includes time spent in a high growth start-up
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
- You’re familiar with applicant tracking systems
- You’ve worked with the Google suite
- Your shuffleboard skills are outstanding
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & cocktails on Friday during our weekly company meeting
- Wine, beer, spirits, and snacks always on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.