Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and working here you’ll be able to see your direct impact. At Starry, we reward autonomy and creativity; you’ll have control of your own schedule and the opportunity to develop your creative ideas. Our team is hard working, fast and collaborative and we encourage working on personal growth. There will be many opportunities to collaborate with other departments and you’ll be able to interact with incredibly talented people.
As Starry’s first Technical Recruiter, you’ll be working with our current in-house Recruiter to build out a solid engineering pipeline. This role will work with both front and back end development teams as we ramp up in multiple markets.
Who we’re looking for:
Self-motivated: always looking for ways to do something better; forward thinking planner
Autonomous: self-motivated, scrappy and able to deal with the ambiguity typical of a startup
Emotionally intelligent: empathetic; strong communicator; genuinely interested in human behavior; enjoys collaborating with multiple personality types
Quick: whip smart and able to pick up knowledge on-the-go, you know hustle
Organized: strong prioritization skills with an affinity for multitasking and details
Creative: energized by new problems to solve, always coming up with new ideas and looking for ways to implement them
What you’ll do:
- Full-cycle recruiting across all of our engineering departments, including sourcing and screening
- Maintain recruiting metrics for and ownership of Starrys technical roles
- Provide timely communication to candidates and hiring managers to ensure a positive experience
- Research, demo, and assess new and innovative recruiting practices to maintain proactive talent pipelines
- Help to develop Starry’s employer brand across multiple online resources
- Build new and expand existing strategic relationships with university partners
- Strategize and plan for upcoming and new events including career fairs, hackathons, tech talks, special events, and meetups
- Identify recruiting process improvements to scale to hiring needs
- Plan and coordinate with other team members and departments: travel, event preparation, and on-boarding
- 3+ years of technical recruiting experience with at least 1 year of experience working in an in-house environment
- Experience with a high growth start-up
- Being ready to hit the ground running
- Advanced social media and recruiting sourcing tools (i.e. LinkedIn, Handshake, Facebook, and GitHub), bonus points for opening our eyes to creative new sourcing avenues!
- Exposure to multiple Applicant Tracking Systems
- Flexible and comfortable with occasional travel, to remote offices and recruiting events
Bonus points if..
- You know how to code or have a background in CE or CIS
- You’re dogged in your pursuit to unearth hard to find candidates
- You exhibit tenacity by shaking off rejection and remaining focused and determined
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
- You have exposure to visa holders
- You’ve worked with the Google suite
- You have a sense of humor
- Outstanding shuffleboard skills are also a plus
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & cocktails on Friday during our weekly company meeting
- Wine, beer, spirits, and snacks always on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.