No matter what.
Our mission here at Starry is actually quite simple: to provide you with a better internet experience. We are the bridge between our customers and the entirety of the internet; we are not the gatekeeper, toll operator or curator.
The internet is amazing, and we want you to use it, see it, hear it, play with it and experience it exactly how you want
When you sign up with Starry, you get the full internet and nothing less
Wireless broadband is a shared resource, and we believe in the power of all customers understanding how it is used. We want to be transparent with you about what you can expect from us and the ways in which we manage the network. To do that, we provide you:
- Clear commitments about your ability to use your service how you see fit.
- A clear explanation of when and how we use network management tools.
- Transparency about the quality of our network and your service.
We deliver an open internet
These are our clear Open Internet commitments to our customers:
- We do not prioritize any content, application or service.
- We do not block access to any legal content, application or service.
- We do not cap the amount of data you can use.
- We do not inspect and collect the contents of data packets that transit through our network.
- We do not throttle specific content, applications or services.
- We do not prohibit you from attaching non-harmful devices to your connection.
We maintain a consistent network
As part of our commitment to a better internet experience for all our customers, we take minor — but important — steps to manage the traffic flowing across our network. Under normal usage across our network, we will not need to use our network management tools.
These steps ensure that all customers have a consistent level of service — broadband is a shared resource, and we are all in this together. Here are the principles on which we manage our network:
- Our network management practices do not discriminate against any data, application or service.
- Our network management practices are based on real-time network congestion measurements across sections of our network and are triggered only at times of congestion and only on the parts of the network impacted by the congestion.
- Our network management practices are not triggered by the activity of individual subscribers or the total amount of data a subscriber may use in one billing period; we do not impose data caps.
- Our network management practices involve the most minimal steps we can take over the shortest periods of time.
- We may use network management tools when our network load at a discrete point within the network reaches or exceeds half of its capacity as measured in 60 second intervals.
- If the amount of data on a part of our network triggers our network management protocol, we will use manual or automated processes to reduce speeds for all or some customers on that part of our network.
- If you're connecting to free, common area WiFi provided by Starry, we may temporarily limit the throughput of specific devices at times of extreme congestion to ensure all users are able to access the service.
We provide fast internet
With Starry, you can expect consistently high quality service. Our fixed wireless technology enables fast download and upload speeds with low latency and all the data you can consume.
This is what our customers are experiencing this quarter, on average:
In addition, Starry customers have used an average of 315 GB worth of data in a 30-day period, with the top 5% using an average of 809 GB — gamers and streamers, rejoice!
Updates, Contact and Redress
As we gain experience running our network, we may improve the tools we use to manage our network. We will post any changes to this webpage. If you have any questions or concerns about our open internet commitments or network management practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If old-fashioned snail mail is still your thing, though, you can also write us at:
Attn: Legal Department
38 Chauncy Street, 2nd Floor
Boston, MA 02111